Wednesday, April 01, 2009

4.1.9

In the poetry room

eye may vivisect eye

scoop flesh from prior to lens

unlace vein


eye may not may

not disarticulate mine

and you are mine


I have locked this door

against you a decade

lain against you

for a decade our skins

breathe against intact

one another, sheers


windowless poetry room

sharps are too many and pretty

wires dead cells phones files

here I cannot protect

eye instrument

interrogative of decades


If I let you enter it is

to ophelia you into a woman

who would have me if

I only decided how cruel

and stopped cutting


then


the flowers but if I have you

here to excavate ethics

are unnecessary extravagant

in the face of

your face which is caves


In this room I can't help but

begin have begun, eye dug

eye pickaxe eye shovel

salt water I am well up to

my knees already exploring your

pled-dark your muffled

song

No comments: